We are excited to announce our first playwriting competition for young people. We hope this will provide the opportunity for young writers , directors and actors to explore their creativity and address issues of contemporary importance. The winning entry in each category will be rehearsed and performed in a studio setting during the Easter holiday 2020. It is expected that the writer for each play will be fully engaged in the rehearsal process. Cast and directors will be drawn from Suffolk Young People’s Theatre.
- Scripts must be 30 minutes or less
- Scripts must involve no more than 5 actors
- Entries submitted on line. No paper entries.
- Submission deadline: Midnight January 31st 2020
- Entries should be single-sided, double spaced and in 12 point textScripts must be 30 minutes or less
- Please include page numbers, a title page and cast list
- Please include a short synopsis
- Send scripts in Word format (not a PDF)
- The work must be original and not as yet performed
- More than one writer for each play is acceptable, but where this is the case all writers must be in the same age category
Remember that this will be a studio production with three plays performed in one evening. Keep your set and technical requirements simple.
For more information and to submit your entry please email – email@example.com
Timeline for Competition
*Workshop to run at Cavendish Hall to explore related new writing & the Competition in general. (must be 16yrs or above to attend)19th Sept 2019
7pm – 10pm
Closing Date31st January 2020
Winners Announced via email, facebook & Websiteweek comm: 23rd March 2020
Rehearsal dates14th-17th April 2020
Performances of all 3 winning plays17th April 2020
Actors must be 16 & over and able to attend all rehearsals and performancesLocation: Conservatoire East
West Suffolk College
*If you wish to attend the workshop on 19th September please email Nigel at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you space. You need to book a place for this event.